Sunday, March 17, 2013

Having another crack!

I had purchased some more static grass at the start of the year and due to me never being home of late have not had a chance to give it a try.... until now!

 I wanted to do it a little differently to the first attempt as I thought the grass I had used looked too green.  The grass I purchased this time was a lot dryer looking, and I wanted the green to only look like short grass under growth.  I used a sieved HEKI brand flock glued to the dirt for a start.

 Then applied the static grass over the green flock.
The grass is a mixture of 4 and 6 mm long fibres to give an uneven looking growth.
The 4 mm fills in the holes quite well.  Again I have glued yellow flower clumps to the top for some weeds.


I wanted to have tall green grass along creek bed.  This was achieved by using the Woodlands Scenic fibres that are about 80mm long.  I trimmed them to a length that I was happy with and applied a seam of white glue along the areas of the creek bank where I wanted the tall grass.


A near finished scene, just awaiting on some trees and then I will also add a few other bits and pieces.  Perhaps some animals, powerpoles, logs, rocks, etc.


Again from a different angle.


The wheel tracks were made by waiting for the glue to dry, then with a small stiff paint brush wiping the fibres back off the scene.  I will probably do this in other areas as again I am not happy with the grass having a consistent height.  I will also add some clumps of grass to break up the evenness of the grass. 


Final shot.
Hopefully I will have a bit of time at home over Easter to get some more completed as the scenery is really bringing the layout to life.  It's helping with the motivation as I can now see a semi finished product, plus it's nicer to watch a train crawl trough a scene than polystyrene!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody, My name is.Mrs.Juliet Quin. I live in Canada and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $ 54,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $ 54,000.00 Canada Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Juliet Quin that refer you to him. Contact Dr Purva Pius via email: reply to email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact:urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete